Experiment

After creating the small maquette of a doll i decided to take a mold of the face using Dragon Skin FX pro along with a plaster backing.

img_2831.jpg

After this I decided to pour clear resin and dye it with some pigments. This did not work as planned because the pigments did not dissolve and remained in clumps. These clumps sank to the bottom and created holes in the resin after it cured. the result actually came quite gruesome looking!

IMG_2832

Still hopeful, I poured a second batch of resin, this time without any pigments and it worked!

img_2834.jpg

I absolutely love the transparent effect of the resin, it worked so well. It still needs to be buffed to get that glass look, but other than that, I am super happy with it.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: