Experiment

After creating the small maquette of a doll i decided to take a mold of the face using Dragon Skin FX pro along with a plaster backing.

img_2831.jpg

After this I decided to pour clear resin and dye it with some pigments. This did not work as planned because the pigments did not dissolve and remained in clumps. These clumps sank to the bottom and created holes in the resin after it cured. the result actually came quite gruesome looking!

IMG_2832

Still hopeful, I poured a second batch of resin, this time without any pigments and it worked!

img_2834.jpg

I absolutely love the transparent effect of the resin, it worked so well. It still needs to be buffed to get that glass look, but other than that, I am super happy with it.

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑